Sliders give the websites a modern look and make them engaging. Homepage full-width sliders, featured, carousel, and category are used at least once in each new website these days.
A slider placed on our website can make a great impression. The images are much more attractive than seeing too much text. On of the Best WordPress slider plugins can transform your website.
The top image slider plugins offer a truly interactive experience for your visitors, and can be used in a number of ways, such as improving navigation by linking to top content, playing videos and even integrating shortcode functionality from your other plugins.
We have to be very clear what kind of slider we want to install, since slider plugins slow down websites and increase loading time for your webpages. That is possible the negative point of this type of plugins.
Let’s talk about the most used and best slider plugins for your website.
One of the best WordPress slider plugins is Soliloquy. Soliloquy is a beginner-oriented WordPress slider plugin. You can create a new slider and then simply drag and drop your images. Is secure and optimized for best performance.
It is quite easy to configure the Soliloquy settings. You can choose one of two slider themes: Base or Classic. You can also define the dimensions of the slider, the transition settings, and many more options.
Like Smart Slider 3 and Meta Slider, Soliloquy has a Pro version that allows sliders of all types of files: PDF, WooCommerce products, most viewed content, video, custom HTML content, etc.
It is also the paid version that includes the option to import and export sliders within the same website or to other websites, the possibility to program the sliders and to integrate Pinterest, for example. These are great options, but with Soliloquy Lite you won’t have them available.
- Guttenberg Blocks for WordPress 5.0
- Drag & Drop Builder.
- 100% Responsive – Mobile Friendly.
- Beautiful Templates for Customization.
- Featured Content – Easily create slideshows based on blog posts, pages, products, testimonials, and other custom post types.
- WooCommerce – Create beautiful product slides for your WooCommerce store.
- Lightbox – Create Lightbox slideshows for your photos and galleries.
- Carousel – Create responsive carousels for your images, photos, videos, and galleries.
- Thumbnails – Add thumbnail images as navigation.
- Instagram – Import images from Instagram.
- PDFs – From your presentation slides and other PDF files.
- Pinterest – Easily add Pinterest «Pin It» buttons.
- CSS Styles – Customize with custom CSS.
- Image Protection – Protect your images with Soliloquy protection addon.
- Schedule Slides – Easily schedule items to display at specific time intervals.
- Default Settings – Speed up your creation with customized Default settings.
- Want us to add something else? Suggest a feature and we’ll get it added!
CodeCanyon launched this plugin to compete with the most influential. It contains very powerful options that allow you to make sliders, animated landing pages, image galleries with effects, page blocks or even a complete website.
LayerSlider offers a visual drag-and-drop editor to help you build your sliders, which makes it easy for beginners and advanced users alike to create some great-looking sliders.
The ever growing selection of importable templates are an ideal starting point for new projects and they cover every common use case from personal to corporate business. They are carefully crafted, aesthetically pleasing and can be easily customize to fit for any needs.
Regular License $25.
- Productivity tools (keyboard shortcuts, multi-select layers, rulers and guides, …)
- Animation Engine.
- Pre-built templates.
- Dynamic content.
- Responsive design.
- Easy image editing.
Here we have one of the most popular sliders on the market, also like the previous one, developed by CodeCanyon. It’s packed with a ton of features to help you build your sliders and frequently packaged with WordPress themes on ThemeForest.
Slider Revolution comes with a powerful visual editor with which you can easily create, and customize sliders in WordPress. You can use images, videos, social media feed, as well as WordPress posts and custom posts.
Pre-made templates are available in Slider Revolution, they make sliders look amazing, and most only need a few tweaks to customise as your own.
Definitely one of the best WordPress slider plugins.
Regular License $29.
- Many New templates.
- New images, videos, icons, etc.
- Premade layer groups.
- Quickstyle layer presets.
Here we have another powerful slider that will make your website stand out. Master Slider can be a great option.
A great advantage that Master Slider has is that it has a very clean administration panel, easy to handle when you get used to its functions. Don’t worry, it has great documentation to help you.
Master Slider provides you with over 90 pre-built sliders that you can use on your site, and can be easily inserted into WordPress posts, pages, and sidebars by using the shortcode, Gutenberg block, and template tag.
The plugin has Visual Composer integrated, so it will be much easier to create sliders using its drag and drop frontend editor.
Master Slider It has a free version. Version Pro from $17.
- Drag and Drop.
- Real-time Preview.
- Visual Style Editor.
- Visual Transition Editor.
- Button Editor.
- Touch Swipe Navigation.
- Animated Layers.
- Super Smooth Transitions.
- 6+ Interactive Transitions.
- Parallax Effect.
- YouTube and Vimeo Videos.
- Slide Video Background.
- Post Slider.
- WooCommerce Slider.
- Flickr Slider.
- Facebook Slider.
- Image Positioning.
- Smart Preloading.
- Unique Control Set.
- 6+ Modern & Unique Skins.
- SEO Friendly.
MetaSlider is one of the most used sliders for its power and simplicity. It has a free version, there’s also a premium version if you want more functionality. Compatible with the WordPress Editor Gutenberg.
MetaSlider offers a lighter approach to building sliders, an interesting option if you are new to web design, since other plugins may scare you about the amount of options they offer.
If you prefer the pro version, MetaSlider will give you access to CSS3 animated slides, thumbnail navigation, post feed slides and video slides, like YouTube either Vimeo.
Pro version from $28.
Features (Free version):
- Image Slides.
- Carousel Slides.
- Intelligent Image Cropping.
- 4 Sliders In 1.
- Gutenberg Supported.